Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goodbye COMM !!

Yeah!!! Finally finished my presentation, although it didn't go as smoothly as I thought. :P:P. Still have to do a lot of practice before I really can give a fantastic presentation. Now all I need to do with COMM is just complete the final touch of my essay and then have the examination later on!! haha. My first tutorial class in UniSA, the COMM tutorial class, was ended yesterday.


I still remember the first day when I inside the tutorial room. Being uncomfortable with the new environment I had to face, I just keep myself quiet and listening to the discussion of the group. I knew Kenny and Sze Man in that tutorial and Jeremy also found his close friend from the tutorial class! Eric yeah!!! haha.. A special Jewish friend that migrated to Aus a few years ago. In our first tutorial class we were required to choose a topic for our assignment. Without any idea what topic suits me more, I chose the first question with a name of a medicine that I am not familiar with. "Should Adderall, an amphetamine, be prescribed to teenagers?" was the topic that I chose.


The purpose of this course is to teach us how to use the resources in the Uni. Furthermore, it introduced us what is the referencing system and how to avoid plagiarism to occur. I gained a lot of knowledge from the course especially how to find a journal from the databases. I don't even know how to differentiate journals and articles before I enter this course. On the other hand, pharmacist requires good communication skill and this course is to make sure we possess basic communication skill required in our future career.


I feel fortunate to have Dr. Elizebeth as my tutor. She is friendly and helpful to her students regarless who you are. Glad that I will meet her in my second year as my pharmacology lecturer. haha. Dr. Sykes is still teaching us next sem!! Cheers!!!


Below is a transperancy for my presentation. :P:P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yi Hong, still with this old sentence to you: all the best!

And here, one thing I'm very very worry about myself, who is going to university very soon... I HAVE TO HAVE A DICTIONARY WITH ME WHEN READING/LEAVING COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG!!!! Oh no~

Jox hOnG said...

Don't worry. we can learn slowly. Vocabulary? My vocab is sicks. You don't need a vocab when you are reading my blog. haha. cause all the vocab i used is really simple one. All the best to you too.