Friday, March 28, 2008

28th of March Lord Mayor's party!!

Today we went to a special party organised by the lord Mayor to meet the international students. This occasion will be held annually and this is the first time we joined it!! The party was held in the town hall!! The building is a remarkable building in the centre of the city. It is a hall with a tower clock!! So unique.. haha.

That was the time to wear the blazer again!!! Although it seems like we were exaggerating, I felt lucky that we had done it so. We enjoyed taking lots of pictures there with our blazer!! haha. ( This time my forgetful syndrome came again.. Please forgive me my friends, I was rushing...T.T ) Fortunately chuen loo and others brought their camera!! haha. It was really fun shooting some beautiful photos with all the handsome boys and pretty girls!!!

Besides that, I saw and touched koalas for the first time there!!!!! The people from the zoo brought two koalas and we are allowed to take photos and touch them. They are so cute!!!! Their face will always be the same. Their eye lids will always half open.. haha. There were lots of people enjoying themselves chatting in the hall. In the invitation email, it stated there 'dinner is provided' however, I couldn't get even one piece of sandwich!! Obviously, the people outnumbered the food provided!! haha.

Another special thing happened on me. I was interviewed by a reporter from the china press in SA. The interview was conducted by using Mandarin! I will call it a special thing for me as I never interviewed by a reporter before. Although it was just a brief interview, I feel satisfied enough!! haha. Thanks to the reporter lady!! She asked me some question like 'How long have you been here?' 'How you find Adelaide?' 'Is it different from what you have imagined before you came here?' 'What will you do here and what will you bring back to your home country?' haha. Luckily she asked me in mandarin. If it was in English, I would have said nothing much. hahaha.

I enjoyed this event much!! Hope the next meeting with Mayor will be a good one as well. haha. Thanks mayor!! For giving me such a good chance to relax and have some fun!!! Oh. The photos.... I will post some of it here when I get it from my friends. I might post some of them in my friendster If it is too much to be posted here. Hope you enjoy this post!!!

2 comments:

Te Ying said...

Haha... I think we always ss taking photos at functions like this. everyone is complaining abt d food!!!

Jox hOnG said...

Taking photo is fun!! haha. Thats why most of us enjoy taking photos.. haha. I must make good use of my camera. Hehe.