Saturday, March 1, 2008

1st of March Went to central market!!

Today the main topic is the central market near to china town. I suppose this is the first time i choose and buy the vegetables that i want to cook by myself. Now really know the i should go to market with my mom more often. The market here is not like the market in Malaysia. The wet market here is much more cleaner and you cannot find any smell coming out from the meat. As the butcher here is quite pro ( i consider) they will chop up everything and everything is readied to be taken home. So it is quite well organized and there is a special room for the slaughtering procedure.

I bought a few vegetables. The vegetables you can find here is not much as Malaysia. You will find lettuce, cabbage , chinese cabbage, onion , garlic , broccoli often and you can hardly find the Siu pak choi and kangkung. But some how i manage to buy the two rare things. Haha. Happy for that!! Ohya, ginger is super rare and super expensive here. I bought one ginger and it cost me $4.80!! So sad...

there are many Asian in adelaide and so you won't feel that you are really far away from home. It is just like KL so you won't really feel homesick. Yesterday i am advised that my friend Kelvin are coming here in next year July!! This news is really a good and happy news!! I think i will be crazy when meet each other!! haha. I am waiting for you and by that time. I will consider you as my junior!! haha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

$4.80 for ginger is really very expensive, next time u should ask d price b4 u buy la. by d way, wat u cook 4 ur meal? next time just subsitute ginger wif chili or sumthin else lo, whatever...

Jox hOnG said...

haha
i will try it next time. I don't have time to ask cause the shop is closing. But at least I can use the ginger for one month i suppose as i seldom use ginger. haha

Yi Tyeng said...

See, i told ya.... Australia has A LOT of asians. U won't feel homesick easily just like me..... :P
Haha! Perth has a lot of siu bak choi wor.... I cook that at least once a week.... lol

Anonymous said...

我想你现在一定会深深体会到妈妈每天做菜的辛苦吧!多学几道菜,希望来日能尝你煮的菜肴。

Jox hOnG said...

Yi Tyeng: haha. I want siu pak choi!! haha. I suppose it will be expensive here. Oh?? your place have a few asian only?? I thought perth also got a lot of asian?

Mama: haha. I will try my best to learn what i can learn here. But seriously It will be difficult to learn without a guide. haha.