Sunday, March 9, 2008

8th of march A trip to Masca (Malaysian student council) and Temple



In the morning that full with heat and fury, ( due to the heat ).. together with my friends we went to the welcoming party organised by the Masca.. The sun is attacking everyone with It's heat and light! Almost everyone is complaining about the burining sun. Even the aussie feel weird that this time the heat wave last for such a long time.. I suppose this is due to the global warming and that has changed the climate of aus..

Upon arriving the lodge owned by Consulate of Malaysia, we were greeted by the commitee member of Masca and a few speeches were given by the policewomen of SA and the representative of Consulate if Malaysia.. They are quite funny though. Especially the police women and the Head of Malaysia student department. ( He is the one who is sitting in the middle in the picture..) He teaches us a lot bout how should we live in Aus and he has four years of experiences. Anyway, he is retiring this year and he really is a good man.

At night I went to the temple with Te Ying, Hui li, Jien, Yim yin, Xin Yee and Shin yin. We were sent by one of the volunteers and the temple is about 20 minutes away from the city. The temple is considered small. Some traditional features of old temple was seen there. When we reached there, we were required to introduce ourselves to a monk called 真净. Then we chanted the amitabha sutra. Although the essence they used is different, I am glad that the sutra they are chanting is the one i am familiar with. Hehe.. I can see that most of my friends feel very boring and hard to concentrate. After that a talk was given by the monk about the position of women in buddhism inconjuction with the international women's day.. The talk is quite interesting though and I can feel that most of us enjoyed it.

However, I don't think I will go there to 共修 cause I still cannot get used to the essence and the style there.. I prefer the pure land style. haha. And It is really troublesome for the volunteer to fetch us everytime. So i decided not to go there anymore. However, I might join their activities next time. haha. So.. I passed my weekend with some joy. Hope all of you can have some fun like me!! haha.

( corrected by my parents) haha..:P:P

2 comments:

Te Ying said...

The weather is really hot out there, wonder how long wil it last. Sigh!! Actually I dun noe wat I wan also, when it's hot, i complain; when it's cold, i complain as well. Haha...
You have a detailed description abt the Masca welcoming party. No wonder you will say I 敷衍. Ok la, I admit... ^^
Agree with you, I like the talk and wat's pure land style?

Jox hOnG said...

According to my senior.. The heat wave is longer ever for this time. I suppose it will last for several weeks. There is an official website for aus meteorology. I write the link here and you can check that out everyday. Unlike malaysia, it is very accurate though. haha. www.bom.gov.au.

The description is not really detail enough though. Haha, don't take that seriously. I was just joking at that moment.

Every dojo ( place to pratice ) has different style of performing the prayer. But for pure land society, they have standardised the melody and the style on how they perform the prayer. What the pure land style I mean here is the way they chant the sutra and chant the buddha's name. haha..